My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

2013 Pictures.

I have had a few chances to kayak so far this spring.  I haven't been to any new places, yet, besides the places already listed... and thought I would share some pictures.

Here are some pictures from Sebago State Park   (click link for previous post including directions.)




And the following shots are from  Tenney Stream (Connects Crescent Lake and Panther Pond, click link to previous post and directions)
This is still one of my favorite spots to paddle, so quiet and peaceful.  I saw, for the first time, otters, playing here this spring.  Unfortunately my camera was not able to get any shots, but I will be returning and keeping my eyes open for them!  


There are so many painted turtles here, I love it! 





I had seen a goose on a nest here in years past and was not sure if I would get lucky but there she is!  Please note, I have a new camera with an even closer zoom... I was definitely giving this beautiful bird its space, and encourage others to do so as well.  I am out to enjoy nature, not to harass it, I value it too much.  


This is one of my friends, who is now going to buy a kayak of her own!  


More posts to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment