My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Whirlwind Day... on FIVE different bodies of water!

Happy Fall!  The foliage was PERFECT today!  I am so lucky to live in Maine, where it is possible to travel about 100 miles and get to FIVE, yes Five, different bodies of water today!  

An IMPORTANT NOTE:  I washed my boat between every location.  I used disinfectant wipes, water, and inspected my boat closely.  Please be mindful!! No milfoil on my watch!

Why did I do that many? Well... I am working on a project of sorts... and with paddling season coming to a close, I want to take advantage of every opportunity.  

Today my trip order went like this... Started at Kennebunk Pond in Lyman.... then Little Ossippee Lake in Waterboro... next was Bonny Eagle Pond in Buxton...followed by Sabbathday Lake in New Glouster... I finished the day in Windham, at Dundee Pond... I had almost run out of steam at that point, but am so glad I did it!  The colors were vibrant as the sun was lowering and it is a place I hope to return to soon!  

I am going to do a post for each spot, but until I get them written, please enjoy some photos!  

Happy Paddling!  





































No comments:

Post a Comment