My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

A new Camera

My kayak is put away for the season... however, if we have a mild December like we did last year I made sure to put it in a place where I can easily access it.  I do promise to post a bit throughout the winter!  I hope that people enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with people you care about.  I was fortunate to be able to spend another Thanksgiving with my family, spent the day with a nice crowd, 42 of us in total!  

I am typically not a person who shops on Black Friday.  I much prefer to be the only person paddling in a quiet stream to being in a brightly lit store with hundreds of people who seem to be on a mission.  This year, however, I have been looking for a new camera.  Sadly after one of my last paddling trips, I dropped my old one.  I have used a Cannon Powershot camera since I started writing the blog.  The first one I bought I chose because it seemed easy to use, was digital, and seemed to be small enough to easily take while paddling.  After a while I wanted to have a camera that I could use to zoom in a bit more, so I upgraded to a newer Powershot.  Now... as of last night, I am the owner of another Powershot, this time it is the SX150IS  (This is my third powershot!)  

Many of you have reached out and asked what I use to take my photos, and I am hoping that my new camera will allow me to continue to take photos worth posting!  

Today I decided to walk around Portland a bit to experiment with my new camera a bit.  I started out taking a short walk in the Fore River Sanctuary and later headed to East End Beach.  
While they are not paddling photos, I hope you enjoy... I tried to capture a bit of the season.  (while playing with the focus!)  

Stay tuned for a BIG announcement in the next couple of weeks... if you follow me on facebook you already know the news... (I am just waiting for an update!) 

















No comments:

Post a Comment