My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Paddling Safety, Create a routine!

I was asked to write a blog post for our publisher and decided one about safety made sense.  This is something I had written specifically for safety when my contact in the Coast Guard asked if it was something I could do.  (He sends me the orange stickers to share, of course I said yes!)   I knew that the piece I shared with him would be shared only with those in the Coast Guard and asked if I could share it elsewhere and his response was Yes! So.. here it is on my publisher's blog. 

I know people get tired of hearing about safety, but I am hoping this presents it in a different way that makes sense to people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment