My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Thank you to all of the followers the blog is #30 in Maine!

Hello!  This is a quick post to say THANK YOU to everyone who visits this blog!  

I LOVE hearing from you and learning about the adventures you are taking using the blog (and/or our book, Paddling Southern Maine) as your guide!  I love it even more when I get to meet you which most often happens when we are out paddling and our paths cross.  

It can take a lot of time and effort to put posts together to share with you, but it is worth it.  The blog started as a way for me to document my trips so that I could find places I wanted to revisit.  It has grown into a resource for people looking for places to paddle, people who had the same frustrations I did, seeing a launch symbol on a map and then struggling to find the launch!  
It has given me many gifts including friendships (with incredible people!), opportunities, and more confidence and passion for the sport of kayaking.  

I truly appreciate the support you offer to me.  It motivates me to keep finding new places and sharing them with you.  

What I did not realize is that there are people out there who monitor and measure blog posts and traffic.  A couple of weeks ago I received an email notifying me that my blog, Recreational Kayaking in Maine,  the top 50 blogs in Maine... #30 to be exact!!!! 

How cool is that?  It is exciting AND humbling. 


There are other amazing blogs out there in Maine.  For a list of the other 49 of the top 50 blogs in Maine, please click here for the article.  (Below is a preview of the page.)

 

Thank you to Anuj Agarwal, foudner of Feedspot for taking time to review so many blogs and for recognizing me and the blog.   His email included this: 
"I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world."
 
That statement, to me, was pretty powerful... 'contribution to this world...'  For some reason that resonates.  I hope I am a person that contributes, in a positive way, to our world.  

Without getting political... the world we live in is pretty messed up right now.  I worry A LOT about our leadership and our current and future state of affairs.  Kayaking is a way for me to escape that stress/fear and be in the moment.  While I know it is crucial for us all to be aware and involved in what is happening... I also truly believe we all need to find ways to re-energize, to fill our cups, so to speak.  

So, having found something that is so incredibly powerful in my life, kayaking- connecting with nature and water, I know I am fortunate.  I am also grateful that sharing it with others has enabled other people to find and enjoy beautiful parts of Maine.  

I know paddling people are good people... and I challenge you to, for a moment, take inventory... how are you contributing positively to the world.  (This does not mean earning awards/recognition... it is the small things that add up and I know MANY of you who follow the blog add much to our world.)  
I would LOVE to have people comment here on what they do that positively contributes to the world! Thank you in advance! 

THANK YOU TO MY BLOG FOLLOWERS 
AND FELLOW PADDLERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment