My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Destinations (61 different places)... Updated!




About a year ago, I put together a list, complete with links, to all of the destinations included in the blog.  Since that time I have added some places and wanted to share them in a list to hopefully help people find places easily/quickly.

Listed Alphabetically, by body of water.  Some locations have multiple posts.
Bookmark this post for quick reference!
(There are 61 places here, mostly in southern Maine but I am working to get more places in more areas!) 

Some of the locations ARE in the book, but others are just from the blog.  

Blog only destinations are indicated with double asterisks**
As a reminder, you can use the search bar on the blog to find posts!
(search for name of towns or name of waterbody!)  

The names of destinations are the links to the descriptions of the trips. 

Enjoy!  



     And again... And Again
   Or Here, 





   And Here



Eastern River - Dresden **

Ferry Beach - Scarborough** 
(I know it's the name of the beach and not the name of the Water... Nonesuch River)








 Or Here 



  Or Here








    Or Here 
        Or Here



Presumpscot River - Gorham  

Presumpscot River - Gorham/Windham **

Presumpscot River - Windham **
(New Launch on same stretch of the River as Shaw Park in Gorham) 

  or Here, 
      Or Here,  and Here ,  And here,  And Here,   And Here,

    


   Or Here










   Or Here , Or Here,








2 comments:

  1. Shapleigh Pond (on the border of North Shapleigh & Newfield Maine) is a great place to kayak. You can easily travel about 1 mile upstream from the bridge/dam at Shapleigh Pond to Hanson Pond. Lots to explore and you can easily spend the day doing it. It's a very quiet pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check it out sometime!! I love quiet places!

      Delete