My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Moose Pond, Bridgton, ME

After looking at my blog this weekend I realized I had not posted pictures from a couple of my final trips of the season.  Here are some pictures of Moose Pond in Bridgton.  I have posted this spot before.  Click here for specific directions/details: Previous Moose Pond Post.

Body of Water: Moose Pond, Bridgton, ME [Maine Gazetteer Map 4, A3]

Directions (from Portland, ME): From Portland, Take Rt. 302 north.  Go through North Windham, Raymond, Casco, and Naples into Bridgton.  Once in Bridgton you will stay on Rt. 302 (which means turning left onto Main St.at the light.)  You will drive through the down town part of Bridgton and will continue on Rt. 302 towards Fryeburg.  After passing Highland Lake on your right, continue for three or four miles.  You will come to the causeway/bridge at the base of Shawnee Peak/Pleasant Mountain that separates the two sides of Moose Pond. It's about 42 miles from The Great Lost Bear, depending on traffic it took me about 70 minutes to get there.

Boat Launch: The boat launch is on your left when you first come upon the causeway.  The boat launch is quite wide, big enough for good sized boats.  There is a person there who monitors the use of the pond and checks watercrafts for millfoil.

Parking: Free.  Park along Rt. 302 on the right side (when facing the mountain.)  Be careful crossing Rt. 302.

Wildlife: eagles, loons, waterfowl, frogs, turtles, and in late summer there are water lilies galore.













No comments:

Post a Comment