My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Pleasant Lake, Casco, Maine

Body of Water: Pleasant Lake, Casco, ME [Maine Gazetteer Map 5, A1]

Directions (from Portland, ME): Take Rt. 302 north.  Go through North Windham and into Raymond.  In Raymond turn Right onto Rt.121.  Stay on Rt. 121, when 121 intersects with Rt. 11 stay straight into the town of Casco.  Turn Right onto Mayberry St., pass the beach area on the left and the boat launch will be on the left.  Parking is across from the beach area.

Boat Launch: Cement, very close to the road, but saw a few people with boats on trailers maneuvering without any trouble.

Parking: Free.  Park across from the public beach area.  

Wildlife: The day I was here the wind was pretty strong the only wildlife I saw was an eagle, but I am sure there are lots of waterfowl.  There are signs warning of millfoil here.  Please make sure to wash off your boat between bodies of water.

Notes: I only explored a small part of this lake because it was windy and the water was very choppy.  What I did see entices me to go back.  Take a look at some pictures:









That last picture... looks to me like an angel...never know what you are gonna see when you are in a kayak! 


No comments:

Post a Comment