My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Eastern River, Dresden Maine

I apologize for not having my normal format to describe my paddling adventures, but that is because I put in at a friend's house and am unsure of a public launch site... but I will look to see if I can find one.  The river is tidal, and at low tide getting out of the kayak would be a challenge because of the mud... we made it back before low low tide, but the water had gone down and it was a bit of a challenge getting back up the hill to my friend's house.

Not far from her house, in Richmond, I did see a public boat launch, for the Kennebec River.  That would also be a nice paddle...

It was beautiful.  There were 5-6 eagles, including two young ones.  We also saw some herons and cormorants who escaped my camera!  Here are some pictures.




















I love summer in Maine!  Hope you are out in your kayak!  

No comments:

Post a Comment