My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Presumpscot, Westbrook... again...

I got out on the water today!  After intentions of going someplace new, I didn't find the launch site I was hoping for, so returned to a familiar place, the Presumpscot River, launching from Westbrook.  My goal was to finally paddle as far as I could possible paddle before needing to portage... but mother nature had other plans.  She sent some pretty heavy rain showers my way, and given the recent thunderstorms we have had, I thought it wise to turn around.

As usual, this spot did not disappoint.  It was a great paddle, despite getting soaked, and I got to meet a family who use my blog!  It is fun to meet people who have found me!  I love hearing from people, so if you have used any of my directions I would love to get your feedback!  I am hoping to do a few new trips over the next couple of weeks so check back soon!

In the meantime... here are some pictures of today's journey!
























No comments:

Post a Comment