My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Father's Day


I am so lucky that my dad has and continues to be such an important part of my life.  

In this blog I have referenced my mom more than Dad...that's because it's a blog about kayaking and mom and I spent more time kayaking together than Dad and I have.  Dad, however, has played an integral role in cultivating my love of the outdoors.  
I remember going on many camping adventures with our family when I was little.  We used to go camping in Perry, Maine.  We also spent a lot of time up near Katahdin.  Our family adventures included canoeing. My dad eventually had a small fishing boat and I remember each spring Dad would take it to Stump Pond in Lincoln to test the motor.  I enjoyed going with him.  I would go fishing with him... if you could call it that.  I liked casting the line and reeling in the fish... I did NOT like touching the bait or the fish after it was caught.  Looking back I would bet that fishing trips with me were a lot less relaxing for him than solo ones!  

No matter what I have done in my life Dad has always been there, encouraging me to do my best and to make choices that I think are best for me.  I have never had to wonder if Dad was proud of me, he has always let me know.  He is pretty proud of Paddling Southern Maine!  

Me? I am proud to be his daughter!  

Love ya Dad!!  Thanks for posing for some promo pics!  
(He loves being in front of the camera as much as I do!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment