My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Friday, August 17, 2018

Great Falls Balloon Festival 2018

Paddling in the Androscoggin River as the balloons from the Great Falls Balloon Festival float above and dip into the water next to you is an incredible experience.  

Having this experience is unique.. not just because you get to float on the water while balloons float on the air... but because it really is something for which you feel like the stars have aligned!  
You have to get there early (to go at sunrise) and the weather conditions have to be perfect, no to little wind... and the wind that is blowing, needs to blow the balloons along the river... 

Today was that day!  Below, please enjoy the photos of this experience.  As I said in one of my instagram captions... when you are paddling during the festival, you aren't just watching the balloons... you are experiencing them... it's hard to explain.... the balloonists interact with the kayakers... 

For information about this location please see the links below. 



















For directions to the launch site click here.

For photos from 2016 Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment