My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Monday, October 12, 2020

Fall Paddling

 I am behind on my blog posts!  Sorry about that!  

BUT... I have been paddling and it has been beautiful!  

I will be doing new posts soon on recent places including Brownfield Bog (again and again!), A return to the Nezinscot River, a new to me destination, Horseshoe Pond (AMAZING!)  and more!  

 

A couple of important reminders... 

1 - It is hunting season.  Please wear orange.   At a recent trip to the Brownfield Bog gunshots were heard off in the distance and... at one point as ducks were flying overhead, one was shot... hunters are out there, please wear orange to be safe.  (I am not opposed to hunting... but do not want to see an animal get shot and want to make sure kayakers can safely coexist with hunters!)  

2 - It is getting COLD!  As summer ended there was a lot of mist on the water because the water temps were a lot warmer than the air... that is shifting a bit... water temps are dropping and air temps are really dropping... remember to wear appropriate gear for this!


Now... Here are a few photos of these places mentioned above... I will post about them soon!  

 

Miss Gladys... of course wearing her orange! 

Brownfield Bog 10/11/20



Horseshoe Pond 10/10/20



 
Brownfield Bog

 
Horseshoe Pond




 
Nezinscot River







 
Brownfield Bog



 
Horseshoe Pond
 
Runaround Pond


Saco River
 
Nezinscot River
 
Horseshoe Pond

Happy... and Safe... Paddling!

No comments:

Post a Comment