My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Paddling Season in Full Swing!

 Hello!  

It is hard to believe that as I type this it is already June! I have been out paddling a lot already this spring.  I have not had time to blog, but I have some NEW places drafted to share, some beautiful places.  

For now, I will share some photos from some of my favorite places, places already included in the blog.  I hope you are getting out on the water, safely.  I hope that you are finding peace and joy while on the water!  

By the way I am now on TikTok.  I thought it was a platform for kids doing crazy stuff, but... it is a place where you can create videos using videos and photos.  I am learning more about it.  Check it out  @mainekayakgirl Gladys has one too, @mainekayakdog 

 

The season started at Runaround Pond on Easter!  

 

Grateful for friends up for adventure!


A second adventure, also on Runaround! 





 

You never know if I am packing when paddling... be prepared if you come paddling with me!


This is not a paddling adventure, but a place you should check out if you get the chance.  This is Vaughn Woods in Hallowell.  Definitely worth checking out and walking the whole thing!!! 




Back to paddling!  North Gorham Pond!  This is a trip from Paddling Southern Maine!  A nice short paddle and so pretty!




 

Gladys's first paddle of the season at Tenny River!  

Regular followers know this is one of my favorite places!




 

Another Favorite, the BOG!  Brownfield Bog





The Old Saco to Kezar Pond NEVER disappoints!  Although it was windy on the return trip!  (There will be a longer post about this adventure soon!  This was part 2 of my birthday celebration!) 





New Meadows! This is also in Paddling Southern Maine.  

It is a great place to get your feet wet (pun intended) in salt water tidal rivers!

Horseshoe crabs!


 

Back to Runaround with Gladys!




I also have paddled in other places, not yet on the blog, that I will be sharing.  Some of them are from Paddling Southern Maine!  As co-author of that book I wrote about half of the trip descriptions and Sandy wrote the other half. I have not done ALL of the trips... YET!!  I have SEVEN left to do!  I will finish the this summer for sure!   

Coming Soon: North Pond, Sasanoa River, Middle Bay, Abol Pond, and River Pond!


Happy Paddling!


No comments:

Post a Comment