My Book!!

One opportunity that the blog has brought me is the co-authoring of a guidebook, Paddling Southern Maine! It is something in which I take a lot of pride! My writing partner, Sandy Moore, and I have created a book with 54 amazing trips that are within about an hour of Portland! Our motto as we wrote the book was wanting to 'get people to spend the day on the water and not in their cars!'

If you want more information on our book please click on the image of the book below.

Sandy and I are available to attend/present various functions/events. Please email me at mainekayakgirl@gmail.com for more information!

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Colorado 2018

I somehow neglected to do a blog post about this when I did it... so I am adding it now.  

In the summer of 2018 I headed to Colorado to visit a good friend of mine, Rico... It was his birthday but somehow I got treated to a day of kayaking at the Dillon Reservoir in Frisco, Colorado.  

I had been past this Reservoir one other time with Rico, in the winter on our way to Breckenridge....There was a lot of snow so this was a lot different.  

I was so excited to get the opportunity to paddle in Colorado!  


The rental place had Old Town Loons!  I was very happy!


The scenery was beautiful.  

We had gotten there early in the morning and it was a bit cool... but warmed up quickly.  

We pretty much had the place to ourselves when we launched... when we came back lots of people were getting on the water.  I enjoyed the solitude.  


We got out at one point to stretch... and I had to do adventure arms!! 

I am grateful that Rico loves kayaking as well and was thoughtful enough to take me on this adventure!



Apparently I was pretty comfy! 

It was beautiful... But... I didn't see any wildlife... I enjoyed this a lot, but not yet ready to move to the Rockies! 

 This is me with Rico After our paddle. 

Paddling is a great way to travel and see other parts of the country.  So far... I have paddled in Maine, NH, Colorado, and Oregon... I would say I have a lot of states left to enjoy!!
One day I will get to the Pacific Northwest to the San Juan Islands and paddle with orcas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment